1. I enjoy participating in many activities.
2. I would like to have a prominent place in my community.
3. Individual attention from teachers is important to me.
4. I learn best when I can speak out in class and ask questions.
5. I am undecided about what I will study.
6. I want to eam a Ph.D. in my chosen ﬁeld of study.
7. I learn best by listening and writing down what l hear.
8. I would like to be in a place where I can be anonymous if I choose.
9. I prefer devoting my time to one or two activities rather than many.
10. l want to attend a college that most people have heard of.
11. I am interested in a career-oriented major.
12. I like to be on my own.
I3. I prefer a college in a wam1 or hot climate.
I4. I prefer a college in a cool or cold climate.
I5. I want to be near the mountains.
16. I want to be near a lake or ocean.
17. I prefer to attend a college in a particular state or region.
18. I prefer to attend a college near my family.
19. I want city life within walking distance of my campus.
20. I want city life within driving distance of my campus.
21. I want my campus to be surrounded by natural beauty.
22. I like to be surrounded by people who are freethinkers and nonconformists.
23. I like the idea of joining a fraternity or sorority.
24. I like rubbing shoulders with people who are bright and talented.
25. I like being one of the smartest people in my class.
26. I want to go to a prestigious college.
27. I want to go to a college where I can get an excellent education.
28. I want to try for an academic scholarship.
29. I want a diverse college.
30. I want a college where the students are serious about ideas.
[*] Source : Fiske Guide to Colleges, 28th Edition – 2013